When you’re looking for a way to reduce puffiness, eye wrinkles, and dark circles under your eyes, natural eye masks are a great choice. They can reduce puffiness with ingredients like caffeine and help reduce wrinkles by plumping up the skin around your eyes. Plus, all-natural ingredients mean no harsh chemicals on one of your most sensitive areas.
The best eye masks made from natural ingredients can be hard to find, so I’ve done the research for you. These eco-friendly eye masks will leave you refreshed and bright-eyed in no time. They’re made from 100% natural ingredients infused with hydrating products like cucumber extract, chamomile extract, and green tea extract.
Top Eye Masks
If you are looking for a way to treat your dark circles, under-eye bags, and wrinkles, you should consider using an eye mask. An eye mask is a small piece of material you can use to cover your eyes. There are many types available on the market today, but the best eye masks are made with natural ingredients chosen for their healing and moisturizing properties.
Natural eye masks contain no harmful chemicals or preservatives. They are made from organic ingredients like avocado oil, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil. Since ancient times, these organic ingredients have been used to keep skin glowing and healthy. When these natural eye masks are applied to your face, they help in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps treat the problem of dark circles under your eyes and bags under your eyes. Here’s a list of my favorite eye masks that work like magic.
Reviews Of The Best Eye Masks
We’ve all been there. You’re on an international flight, and the guy next to you dominates your personal space by leaning into you and falling asleep on your shoulder. You try to nod off, but your eyes are so dry and irritated that you can’t sleep. You’re allergic to the pillowcase, too, so sleeping is out of the question. To top it all off, the woman across from you is using her carry-on as a footrest, so she has her smelly feet pressed up against the seat in front of you.
Maybe you’ve had a long day at work, followed by a bad night of sleep and the effects are really showing on your face – especially the eyes. No amount of makeup can cover it up, and you have a meeting or get together later. What can you do to rejuvenate your tired eyes?
Thankfully, there’s a solution: eye masks! Not only are they great for helping you get some shut-eye during long-haul flights, but they’re also excellent at keeping your skin hydrated and preventing wrinkles.
If you or someone you love struggles with dry eyes, lack of sleep, stress or frequent travel, we’ve got a great list of natural eye masks that will help relieve discomfort and promote relaxation.
Klorane Smoothing and Soothing Eye Patches
- Klorane Smoothing and Soothing Eye Patches are the perfect product to help you achieve a more youthful, refreshed appearance. These hydrating, refreshing eye masks help reduce signs of fatigue and aging, providing you with the ultimate glow-up. Klorane's patented cornflower water formula is known worldwide for its ability to soothe and hydrate sensitive skin, so these eye patches are suitable for all skin types. The cooling sensation of these eye patches will leave your skin feeling refreshed and awake. You can wear these under your eyes or on top of them during the day or night—they're the perfect accessory before any makeup look!
These eye patches are the perfect way to treat your skin while sleeping. In just 20 minutes, they will revitalize and hydrate the skin in your eye area, giving you a refreshed look that is ready to tackle the day. The addition of cornflower water, which has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, will help to reduce any puffiness or dark circles under your eyes.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of these natural eye patches.
- Packaging is beautiful and simple
- The product has a faint, pleasant scent of cucumber
- Free of parabens and phenoxyethanol
- It contains only natural ingredients like chamomile, cornflower extract, and aloe vera
- Feels nice and cool on the eyes
- It's a little on the expensive side
Klorane eye patches are the perfect addition to your daily skincare routine. These patches contain cornflower extract, which helps to reduce puffiness under the eyes, while cucumber extract replenishes and soothes skin. Combining these two extracts helps reduce the appearance of fatigue and provides hydration for a more youthful-looking appearance.
Erno Laszlo Multi-Task Serum Eye Mask
- Are you always looking tired? Well, this mask is here to help. Erno Laszlo has developed an eye mask designed to reduce puffiness and dark circles around your eyes. Erno Lazlo Multi-Task Serum Eye Mask is specifically designed to be a quick, easy fix for when you feel like your skin needs a pick-me-up. The serum in the mask contains ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, and caviar lime extract, which are designed to help provide you with smoother skin texture, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and brighten up any dark circles or puffiness under your eyes. The mask is made of a gel material that molds to your face and holds in place so you can go on with your day while the serum works its magic. The masks are also infused with aloe vera, which helps provide a cooling effect when applied. The serum has a natural light scent with no strong or overwhelming perfumes or chemicals. It goes on smoothly and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed.
Coddle your eyes with Erno Laszlo's serum eye mask, a set of cellulose sheet masks that combat the signs of aging and fatigue around the eye area.
Infused with a concentrated serum, the treatment instantly revives and refreshes tired eyes with its cooling effect. Hyaluronic acid attracts and binds moisture to skin to plump fine lines, while Porphyridium Cruentum Extract strengthens the skin's protective barrier and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. The result is smoother, firmer, younger-looking eyes in under 20 minutes, ideal for travel or last-minute touch-ups.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of these natural eye masks.
- Rejuvenates and hydrates the skin around your eyes
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Softens fine lines, wrinkles, and crow's feet
- Sensitive skin may experience burning or irritation
This mask is designed to help your eyes look more awake, reduce under-eye puffiness and bags, and help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. It's packed with a concentrated formula of vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants to help nourish and hydrate the skin around your eyes. The formula also includes hyaluronic acid, which helps moisturize the skin without clogging pores. Each box comes with four packets containing three masks—you can use them all in one sitting or spread them out over time.
PÜR Mellow Eyes Hemp Infused Eye Patches
- Aromatic and relaxing, PÜR Mellow Eyes Hemp Infused Eye Patches let you turn your hectic morning into an at-home spa experience. The soothing ingredients in these eye patches provide instant relief, while the long-term benefits include reduced puffiness and dark circles. Hydrating and refreshing, PÜR Mellow eye patches provide intense hydration for smooth and supple skin. Vitamin C-rich cucumber extract helps firm and smooth the delicate skin around the eyes, while antioxidants help protect against damaging free radicals.
Relax, unwind and de-puff with PÜR's Mellow eye patches. Designed to sit comfortably on the under-eye area, these soothing patches contain natural hemp seed oil, hyaluronic acid, and caffeine to help calm redness, reduce puffiness, and support skin elasticity.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this natural eye mask.
- Claims to support collagen production
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Subtle scent
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- Only sold online
- Difficult to find instructions for use
PÜR Mellow eye patches are a brand new, cruelty-free way to hydrate your delicate under-eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The revolutionary formula combines the many skincare benefits of hemp seed oil with an innovative collagen delivery system that reduces signs of aging around your eyes. Each application of these patches will give you a dewy, more youthful look.
Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask
- This Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask is the perfect way to quickly and easily refresh your eyes. The delicate skin around your eyes, which is thinner than the rest of your face, can become puffy and saggy due to dehydration and a lack of elasticity. The Shiseido masks are designed to fit snugly around your eyes, lift wrinkles, firm the skin, and reduce lines and creases while you wear them. The masks contain a powerful retinol complex that helps smooth out crow's feet and other line-induced inconsistencies in the skin, making it firmer and more supple. Potent botanicals like iris root extract help to combat dark circles and relieve puffiness by soothing inflammation and irritation in the sensitive area around the eyes. Hyaluronic acid works to plump up fine lines from within, adding volume to the areas where it's lost due to aging or environmental factors.
This is a set of under-eye patches specially designed to help your skin feel softer and smoother by morning. They contain retinol, Shiseido's exclusive Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid N, and Mukurossi extract (an antioxidant derived from a Japanese evergreen tree bark) to help fight the signs of aging and they work in just 15 minutes to give you a more radiant look.
Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of this natural face mask.
- Packaging is user-friendly and hygienic
- It absorbs quickly and only needs to be left on for 5 minutes
- The mask is easy to apply without dripping
- The mask doesn't sting, itch, or burn upon application or removal
- Consistency is unexpectedly runny
Powered by Pure Retinol Micro-Infusion Technology, this eye mask dramatically reduces the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes while nourishing and smoothing the delicate eye area. The exclusive combination of pure retinol and retinol complex helps increase skin's resistance to new wrinkles and improve skin's texture, tone, and resiliency.
Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks
- If you're anything like us, you've probably seen a lot of products that promise to reduce puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. But, we're guessing that you haven't seen anything like Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks before. These eye masks are made from a mix of gold-infused gel and hydrating oils, making them perfect for a night out or early morning in the office. They help to cool and soothe puffy eyes and give your face a youthful glow. These eye masks are suitable for all skin types and can be used up to three times per week.
The Wander Beauty eye masks are infused with powerful ingredients like 24K gold, hydrolyzed collagen, caffeine, and real diamond powder to brighten the appearance of your skin and make you feel rejuvenated. The eye masks have been shown to have anti-inflammatory benefits that can help reduce redness and puffiness while providing an instant cooling effect. These masks are paraben and sulfate-free, making them an excellent choice for customers looking for products that are better for their bodies.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of this natural eye mask.
- Removes dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines in under 15 minutes.
- Soothe tired eyes
- The formula is enriched with natural ingredients
- The product is free of synthetic dyes, mineral oils, parabens, and phthalates.
- Some people may react to the scent
- The price may be too high for some
These Wander Beauty eye masks are infused with gold, caffeine, and hyaluronic acid to lift, de-puff, and soothe tired eyes. They are made from bio-cellulose--an ultra-thin material and adheres so well to the skin that it feels like a second layer. The masks are cooling, soothing, and hydrating, leaving eyes looking bright and rested.
Why Are Natural Eye Masks So Popular?
Natural eye masks are better than synthetic or chemical-filled options for many reasons. First, the skin surrounding the eyes is very delicate and needs to be treated with care. The skin around your eyes is fragile—and so it’s more susceptible to irritation from chemicals and synthetic materials, which can cause your eyes to become red, itchy, and watery.
As our bodies mature, we also naturally lose some collagen in our faces; as this happens, wrinkles and fine lines can begin to appear around our eyes—primarily when we use products full of chemicals or unnatural ingredients.
This is why natural eye masks have become so popular: they’re made entirely from plant-based materials and safe products. This will help ensure your sensitive eye area is treated kindly while you simultaneously reap the benefits of a product designed to help your skin stay young and healthy-looking.
Top Five Tips for Picking The Best Eye Masks
For years, people have been using eye masks to help them get some much-needed rest. But with so many options out there, how can you know which one is right for you?
Here are our top five tips:
- Check to see if the material is breathable and hypoallergenic.
- Make sure it has a low profile and won’t mess up your hair as you sleep.
- Look for a mask that can block light from all sides, not just from the front.
- Pick a mask that is easy to clean and store.
- Make sure the material won’t irritate your skin!
What Sets These Eye Masks Apart from Others?
Comparing eye masks is a great way to determine which ones will work best for you. Our list of eye masks is uniquely formulated and designed to provide comfort and relaxation for people of all ages, including kids. The unique design also makes them more comfortable than others because they don’t have any intricate pieces or uncomfortable seams that could irritate your eyes while wearing them.
How We Picked Our Top Selection?
The market is flooded with options, so choosing an eye mask that meets your needs can be challenging. That’s why we’re here: to help you navigate this saturated market and pick out the perfect eye mask for you. We looked at many factors as we compared different products: how well they fit the face, how effective they were at staying in place, how long it took for them to show results, how easy they were to clean and store, etc. After months of tests and comparisons, these are the best eye masks that we found to be the best overall.
What Factors to Consider When Buying Eye Masks?
The best eye masks are designed to treat specific eye problems. Each brand has different features, and we have a list of the most popular types below.
Different types of eye masks for skincare:
- Facial masks can treat all kinds of skin issues, such as blackheads, blemishes, and acne.
- Moisturizing masks are used to treat dry skin and moisturize your face by drawing water into your pores.
- Detoxifying masks help remove toxins from your body by drawing out impurities that build up in your pores.
- Protein masks are used to treat wrinkles and fine lines by removing dead cells from your skin.
- Acne masks can be used to treat acne or pimples. It draws out bacteria from the pores to not harm your skin further.
- Anti-aging masks can be used to tighten pores and reduce scars/blemishes on the surface of your skin.
Eye masks are a great way to treat tired eyes and keep your skin looking fresh and healthy. But what kind of mask should you buy? What’s the difference between eye masks and sleep masks? How do you use them?
Eye masks can be worn at any time of day. They’re designed to stay in place while you wear them, so they’re easy to use while watching TV, reading a book, or even driving. Most only take 20 minutes or so, making them a convenient way to give yourself some self-care.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to rejuvenate your skin, try using an eye mask to target fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. The best eye masks can be used to pamper yourself while you get ready in the morning or unwind after a long day. Let us know which eye mask worked well for you by commenting below.
FAQ About Natural Eye Masks
Let’s address some frequently asked questions about eye masks
A good eye mask for dark circles should be:
Lightweight: We recommend not using an eye mask that is too thick or heavy because it can cause wrinkles and make the mask uncomfortable.
Moisturizing: The best eye masks for dark circles should have a moisturizing formula because most women want to use a product that will leave their skin hydrated.
Easy-to-use: Eye masks that are difficult to remove are annoying and may take away from the effectiveness of the treatment.
Antioxidants: You may choose to use an antioxidant eye mask because it is an effective way to treat the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
Sesame oil has a high content of Vitamin E. It is easy to absorb the vitamins from this oil. Coconut oil contains linoleic acid and lauric acid, which help make your skin soft and smooth. Aloe vera is used in most facial products because it releases essential nutrients beneficial for the skin like vitamins A, C, and E. Finally, Avocado oil has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce irritation caused by skin allergies or adverse reactions to cosmetics products while not causing any side effects on users’ skin.
You can use coconut oil to apply under your eyes, but it’s not a great idea. Coconut oil is often praised as a multi-purpose moisturizer, suitable for the face, skin, and hair. It has a high saturated fat content, making it ideal as an emollient. But most of the time, we’re talking about using it in small amounts on the face.
When you’re applying coconut oil under your eyes, you’re dealing with one of your skin’s thinnest and most delicate parts. Coconut oil is a heavy substance that can be hard to remove altogether, so it clogs pores and doesn’t nourish that area of your skin well. Coconut oil also has no SPF, so it doesn’t offer protection from sun damage.
Yes, aloe vera gel is good for reducing puffiness around the eyes. Clinical studies have shown that it reduces both the appearance and actuality of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
Aloe vera has many health benefits, including improving skin appearance and reducing inflammation. Reducing inflammation is one of the primary reasons that aloe vera gel reduces puffiness around the eyes. In some cases, reducing inflammation can also reduce swelling, thus reducing puffiness.
When using aloe vera to reduce puffiness around the eyes, it’s best to apply a thin layer of gel to clean the skin before bedtime and let it sit overnight. The effect can be amplified by placing chilled aloe vera gel pads on the eyes while relaxing or sleeping.
Sadly, there isn’t a way to prevent dark circles from recurring. Dark circles under the eyes are caused by several factors, including genetics, dehydration, lack of sleep, and smoking—all of which can change at any moment.
There’s no way to control genetics or how much sleep you get (although we recommend trying to get 8 hours a night), but there are ways to help keep your skin hydrated and healthy-looking. Try using moisturizers and a humidifier if you live in a dry climate. You can also try not smoking.