Across the natural skin care industry, a favorite ingredient has fallen under the spotlight: Vitamin E oil. Every product promises better results and improved formulas. So what’s all the fuss about? Well, vitamin E oil promises hydrating results for a smoother skin tone, antioxidant effects, and protective benefits for your skin. It’s no wonder this miracle oil has made the front stage in natural beauty care. Vitamin E oil is known for protecting the skin’s barrier, sealing in moisture, smoothing skin, and providing antioxidant benefits. If you have not heard of the magical benefits of vitamin E oil yet or have not yet tried it, we get into the nitty-gritty benefits and how to incorporate it into your skin care routine.
What is Vitamin E Oil?
When taking a look at your natural skin care products, you will probably find vitamin E oil as an ingredient. But what is vitamin E oil? Alpha-tocopherol is the form of vitamin E oil that humans can metabolize. This is found in foods such as pumpkin, wheat germ oil, and seeds and nuts. The natural form of vitamin E oil has antioxidant benefits.
Antioxidants help the body get rid of free radicals, which cause horrible things such as cancer, aging, and other health conditions. Consuming foods with vitamin E oil and using the oil on your skin has antioxidant effects that protect your skin and offer anti-aging benefits.
However, many commercial brands use a synthetic version of alpha-tocopherol, only about 12% the same as natural vitamin E oil. So, choosing a 100% natural vitamin E oil for your skin offers a lot more beneficial value than the synthetic kind usually found in commercial products.
6 Powerful Benefits of Vitamin E Oil on Skin
Overall, vitamin E oil nourishes and moisturizes the skin leaving the skin looking healthy, radiant, and smooth. Vitamin E oil possesses powerful healing effects that can reduce scarring and accelerate the healing process of wounds.
- It acts as a barrier booster. Lipids within your epidermis, the thin outer layer of your skin, are natural fats that act as a protective barrier to prevent dirt or impurities from clogging your pores. Vitamin E oil nourishes your skin’s lipids by keeping them fresh so that your protective barrier remains intact.
- It keeps your skin moisturized. By keeping your skin’s protective barrier intact, vitamin E oil helps heal any cracks in the barrier that may lead to natural oils escaping, which causes dehydrated skin, leaving your skin feeling dry and tight. Vitamin E oil is also known for its moisturizing effects between the skin cells, making it an excellent moisturizer for dry skin.
- Heals the skin and wounds. There are contrasting opinions on if and how well vitamin E oil heals wounds and scars. But, many natural skin care users have reported that vitamin E oil has helped lessen the dark marks of a scar and prevent the formation of a scar on a wound. Thus, it appears that vitamin E oil can help boost the body’s natural healing process.
- Anti-aging benefits. The moisturizing effects of vitamin E oil leaves your skin looking fresh, vibrant, and youthful. Well-moisturized skin has less visible wrinkles and lines than dry skin. Keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized is an essential beauty care practice that slows down the signs of aging later on in life. So, it’s crucial that you begin moisturizing now rather than later!
- Antioxidant effects. Vitamin E oil’s antioxidant effects can protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. So, it can treat sunburn. An expert tip: put a bit in your sunscreen to boost your sunscreen’s coverage.
- Cleanses the skin. Vitamin E oil can also be used as a natural skin cleanser by ridding your skin of environmental impurities.
Skin Types That Should Use Vitamin E Oil on Skin
If you have tight, dry, or flaky skin, vitamin E oil acts as a magical moisturizer because of its barrier-boosting properties.
If you have oily skin, vitamin E oil is a very oily substance, so it may aggravate your skin problem by clogging your pores even more. Test out before you commit to long term use.
The antioxidant and moisturizing benefits of vitamin E oil may soothe irritated skin and protect your skin’s barrier if you have sensitive skin.
If you have susceptible skin and are prone to allergic reactions, stay away from vitamin E oil because it could worsen or irritate your skin. First, use a little bit on your arm as a patch test. If there is no unwanted reaction, then you can use it.
If you have combination skin, vitamin E oil may be too oily for your skin. So, try using tiny amounts, like a drop or two, in your moisturizer or face mask every now and then.
How to Use Vitamin E Oil on Skin
There are many ways to incorporate vitamin E oil into your skin care routine. As a pure oil, you only need a tiny amount to provide the desired benefits. Look out for vitamin E oil as an ingredient in your natural moisturizer or sunscreen. Because of its oily nature, using vitamin E oil once a day is enough for absorbing its moisturizing and antioxidant effects.
If you enjoy making your own beauty care concoctions, use two drops of pure vitamin E oil to ten drops of carrier oil, such as jojoba or almond oil, in your serum after cleansing and washing your face.
Across the natural skin care industry, a favorite ingredient has fall
You can also use two drops of pure vitamin E oil in your natural moisturizer or sunscreen if it doesn’t include any. We recommend using vitamin E oil in the evening before bed because it is such an oily substance.
For a soothing and hydrating face mask, use a drop of vitamin E oil with natural aloe vera juice and bentonite clay.
For an extra moisturizing body butter, add a few drops into your jar for extra smooth skin.
If you have stretch marks or scars, you can rub pure vitamin E oil onto the area every day for a few minutes to lighten the scar.
Vitamin E oil also works well alongside vitamin C oil. Vitamin C oil is also an antioxidant that reduces fine lines and wrinkles from the skin and removes free radicals that damage collagen. So, this amazing combination offers exceptional results!
Vitamin E Oil Truly is The Miracle Oil
Overall, vitamin E oil offers moisturizing, soothing, and protective effects that hydrate and protect the skin. Natural vitamin E oil offers a ton more beneficial qualities than the synthetic type, so always choose the products with natural vitamin E oil. It’s an oil that works perfectly for dry and irritated skin by offering soothing and moisturizing effects. Plus, it works super well in most skin care products. It truly is a magical skin oil! Do you enjoy vitamin E oil, let us know in the comments below.